Learn more about adrenal fatigue with adrenal exhaustion books...
Are you experiencing adrenal fatigue or hypoadrenia? The adrenal are two small glands located on top of your kidneys, they are more or less the size of a walnut and they perform very important functions. Each gland has an inner medulla and the cortex.
These glands produce two hormones called epinephrine or adrenaline and norepinephrine or noradrenaline. Adrenal dysfunction will prevent you from dealing with stress in difficult situations.
The medulla of both adrenal glands maintain or supervise your blood pressure, blood sugar and heart rate.
In stressful situations (problems with your job, divorce or a fight with your spouse), your adrenal glands will produce epinephrine or adrenaline which causes your heart, blood pressure to raise and breathing to speed up.
When adrenaline is set free, your blood usually floods your lungs, muscles and brain, sugar is thrown into the blood to give you more energy and make you more attentive. This type of energy generated by stress, is typical of most modern societies.
These hormones are no longer used only for emergency situations. We are constantly using them because, of enormous pressure in the job, difficulty making ends meet with things you need for your family and many other modern problems that affect so many people today.
To avoid adrenal exhaustion and too much stress:
• 1- Regular exercise is recommended not just for weight control but, it improves the function of insulin, serotonin, norepinephrine, all thyroid hormones and cortisol.
Exercise will be relaxing, gives you more energy, improves the condition of your muscles and bones and will help you deal with stress which is essential to the maintenance of healthy adrenal glands and your entire body.
• 2- Get plenty of quality sleep to improve your health and immune system. Sleeping well will help you deal with stress a lot better and think more clearly.
• 3- Eating a balanced diet of healthy whole foods, organic vegetables and fruits.
• 4- Take high quality daily vitamins/mineral/nutrients supplement to prevent nutritional deficiencies.
• 5- You should also take daily Omega-3 fatty acids to decrease arthritis symptoms, lower cholesterol and give you a healthier heart.
• 6- Drink plenty of clean and filtered water and green tea instead of cola drinks. Most sodas contain a great deal of sugar and chemicals that, are not healthy and you may add extra pounds, when you don't need it.
• 7- Use natural progesterone cream supplementation if necessary, to keep your hormones balanced, avoid adrenal fatigue and to help maintain you more relaxed.
Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled? 3 Steps for Beating Hormone Havoc, Restoring Thyroid, Adrenal & Reproductive Balance and Feeling Better Fast! by Karilee Shames and Richard Shames.
The authors describe clearly what happens when hormones are imbalanced - each of the glandular systems can then affect the function of other systems.
The authors explain how the glandular system that is causing the major disturbance must be addressed first. Afterward, secondary health problems can then be corrected - adrenal fatigue information and books.
Three patient types are described:
Endo Type - which is a thyroid-driven, feeling fat type
Fuzzy Thinking - which is sexual gland–driven kind
Fried & Frazzled - this is the adrenal-driven type
Included are reader questionnaires that can be completed to better understand causes of such problems as unexplained weight gain, chronic exhaustion, the inability to focus and think clearly, being irritable and impatient.
The Cortisol Connection - Why Stress Makes You Fat and Ruins Your Health - And What You Can Do About It
by Shawn M. Talbott and William Kraemer.
When stress causes the body to consider responding with either the fight or flight response, numerous health problems can result that are related to the cortisol hormone.
When levels of the cortisol hormone are elevated due to chronic stress, common health conditions occur - weight gain, depression, lowered immune system function, bone loss and hypertension.
Controlling cortisol levels and adrenal fatigue can be accomplished through supplements that are described in detail. Managing stress, exercising, improving nutrition, which supplements to use - each category includes specific recommendations.
Adrenal fatigue information and adrenal fatigue books related articles
Thyroid information and thyroid books.
What does adrenal fatigue and adrenal dysfunction mean?
What is bioidenticals and bioidentical progesterone?
Are you experiencing women hormone imbalance?
Find the women's health bookstore.
Balance your hormones with natural menopause treatments.
Back to Top
Copyright (c) Personal Wellness Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved